Shaurya Gaatha '07 - The making(behind the scenes) .... Part 7  

Posted by Unknown in

Its time people, a post after a lot of time. Not my fault, the net doesn't work at my place and then I had been a sort of busy with Aranya 08- one more thing I need to write about in detail. Well here goes the night before the presentation.

Lets start it with the plans- most of our plans had fallen right as well as straight. We had finally managed something. There was stuff available, there was crowd attraction and indeed we had plans ready. Execution was to start now. Okay, so we had schools called at different timings, fifteen minutes of interval. We had to fit in lectures. Our publicity was appropriate and we we were ready. I had planned a participation in the overnite contest, a programmer needs to program. I had a good enough team this time. We had been an unrecognized third last year. Just the politics play or shud say luck. I concentrated on a single recursion on the prelims - 8 marks. Others tried the other questions. We were expecting finals. But oops - maybe I was wanted at Shaurya Gaatha. Our team was kicked out as unqualified. Surprising, but my recursion was crossed out because the foolish senior who was given to check could not understand the concept. Seriously, I came back dissatisfied - but god had his plans I think.

I had told Bidi, Puru and Sid to manage everything. We were the core team, counting Garima and others as localities. Mohit was there as well. He had been good but not in the core of the things. We had ahd people and the plan earlier was expecting a finals by me in the overnite and so I was supposed to be at the reception. All juniors were to come to me and I was to assign them the respective positions. That's what we had talked of. Though now I was free but that was unalterable. Okay so we had promised I cards. We had names written. Aranya hd denied individual reciepts, as well as support for I cards. But I was a fool I think. A crazy idea came to me to get those made myself. I got friends to type the name list and I made the template on a piece of paper and I was to print it. Then we planned to stick on the back of Engg. Graphics sheets and cut anjd give them. Not really necessary, but I was a fool. For we had promised and I had always lived upto them. Whatsoever, I had to work on them. We had been doing that before overnite and I planned to do it after it as well. I had left it to others and of course they did not find time. No they did, but the work was too much.

Bidi and Mohit were attending the Army. Vineet was gone as he had said earlier. Sid was settling there stay in our hostel while Puru was making the next day's time table- on paper. This was I think the fouth or the fifth time. I mean I had made it once, Sid twice and the last day it was Purvar- the bakra. "Fix up this school with this person this time. Lecture is this time. They come now." This went6 on and on. Whenever Puru reached some acceptable state, Bidi would call up announcing a change of plans- some lecture to be rescheduled and Puru to restart. Bidi did not have it in his own hands but we were getting quite mad. We had somehow found people that were not doing anything the next day and not going home and were ready to help and it was tough keeping all this in hand. With the changing schedule.

Sarthak, Garima and Harry were there the whole day. So they were school incharges. Garima was a locallite and could handle two. The army lecture was next day so we had people for that. Guptaji had managed time and we were to assign him a school as well. Other friends were sort of busy. Some were not dependable. We had planned the core tewam as a backup. Or maybe we were to back the job ourselves for that was the worst to come. Bidi has all knowldge for those people and was to attend them. I was to rest. Puru to manage. Sid to aid. Bad night with plans changing and an overnite typing of all- the next day was to come big. Despite not being in overnite, we were to wake late. Then wake up early. Well luck has it - Puru's seventh or eighth plan I think was the final setup. Bidi was cursed as the papers were ready for printing quite late. The morning - a tough one had to come. We had belief on Puru's plans. But that was soon to be shattered......

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at Tuesday, August 05, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment